Sunday, October 18, 2009

Chili and Football

I love fall! Well, ok, I'm more of a spring/summer person and am happiest when it's sunny and 70 degrees, but I do love the things that come along with fall... like chili and football!

Keith and I love Leiper's Fork! It is such a cute little village with a great community spirit. There are always events- from the annual Christmas parade to Heritage Day to Lawnchair Theatre to Jazz in the Fork- and the whole community comes out. This weekend we went to the Leiper's Fork chili cookoff. It was about 45 degrees and cloudy. Perfect chili weather! We tasted 14 different chilies and sampled some salsas. Then we had to vote for our favorite. We both chose chili #1, a hearty and meaty chili, although #11, a white bean chicken chili, was a contender. It was such a fun way to spend a "chilly" Saturday afternoon.

The rest of our weekend has been dedicated to football. Saturday night we met some friends to watch the Auburn v. Kentucky game. I didn't really care which team won, but some of our companions are die-hard Auburn fans. Needless to say, they weren't too pleased with the final result.
Maloree, me and Ryan
Today Darcy is donning her Titans jersey. It hasn't brought them luck yet, but maybe they will make a respectable showing against the Patriots this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment