I am obsessed with all things pumpkin, so while Keith was fixing drawers, windows, and our door knocker, I decided to try a pumpkin cookie recipe I happened to come across. I will start by saying that every time I attempt "baking" anything (always from a box mix) it does not turn out. Maybe I should have taken this into consideration. Maybe I also should have taken into consideration that I had to google how to "cream" and ask to borrow a sifter and how to use it. But I'm glad I didn't. These cookies are GOOD!

We were a little disappointed in the turnout (or lack thereof) this year. Keith estimated about 30, but I'd guess it was a few less. Plus, they all came in groups so our doorbell didn't ring very much. In hindsight that's probably a good thing because Darcy wasn't giving the kids a very warm welcome.After handing out candy we headed to downtown Franklin for dinner at SOL with Aimee and Nick. SOL offered its first annual Halloween 5 course menu. In addition to guacamole made tableside, we had shrimp, a pumpkin taco, a fish taco, a goat taco, and an amazing Mexican cinnamon dessert. YUM (well, maybe not the goat, but definitely everything else)! There was a band playing in the street right outside the restaurant so we danced to Soul Circus (or something like that) after dinner.
It was the perfect way to spend our Halloween!

No comments:
Post a Comment