With swimsuit season fast approaching, Keith and I are...
eating. A lot. Here's a sampling:
*Guacamole
A few weeks ago on a Whole Foods shopping trip Keith found guacamole mix from Frontera Grill, a great Mexican restaurant in Chicago. We were so excited! I recently made homemade guacamole using the Frontera ingredients, and it was delicious. I probably ate an entire avocado's worth of guacamole in one sitting.
*Sushi
Last Saturday night we headed to Virago for our monthly dinner date with Joey and Lauren. Virago is known for its sushi. I had never been, and I was excited about my meal. After 3 hungry hours we were finally seated (long story). At least the Aloha roll was incredible (tempura shrimp, coconut, bacon, pineapple, and macadamia nuts). And we had good company. In addition to Joey and Lauren, we got to catch up with 3 of Keith's college friends- Brent, Andrew, and Garrett.
*Shrimp and Grits
Keith renewed my Cooking Light subscription- yay! This week my new issue came in the mail. We didn't wait more than 24 hours from receiving the magazine before trying our first recipe- shrimp & grits. My favorite! Get the recipe HERE and go make it. Seriously. So good! And so easy!
*Homemade French Toast and Bacon
Breakfast of champions! Ok, maybe not, but it was a great way to start a routine work day. I may just have to start getting up early and cooking a real breakfast more often!
A few weeks ago, we were asked what our "go-to" recipe is. We struggled to answer. Later, we talked about it and realized that we rarely cook the same meal twice. Not because it wasn't good, but because there are so many to try! If anyone has a tried and true recipe, send it our way!
No comments:
Post a Comment