ONE YEAR has (almost) passed since Parker changed and blessed our lives! Friday is officially the big day, but we celebrated a little early with family and close friends last Saturday. Originally I'd planned to have Parker's party the day after his birthday, but due to schedules we decided to have the party the weekend before. And I'm so glad we did! For one, I wasn't emotional because it wasn't technically his birthday yet. ;) Also, I'm really glad that we got the party out of the way (for lack of a better way to phrase it) and now we can focus on just our little family on the 19th.
I think it is really easy to get carried away with party planning- food, decorations, printables, favors, striped straws, etc. But, when it comes down to it, none of that matters. I tried to remember that and really keep the focus on our sweet boy and the people who love him.
So, the details:
 |
| "Rumble in the Jungle" book for guests to leave Parker birthday wishes. |
 |
| Tons and tons of pictures- monthly photos and framed favorites |
 |
A slideshow was set up with photos from Parker's first year.
The safari animals are borrowed from P's nursery (PBK bookends and Anthro papier mache heads). |
 |
| Chick-fil-A, guac deviled eggs, caprese bites, Texas caviar, grape salad and almond pillow cookies- YUM! |
 |
| Puffy Muffin cake |
 |
| Mason jars + polka dot straws + fruit tea |
 |
| Could not have asked for a more beautiful day! |
And the life of the party:
 |
| Happy Birthday to you! |
 |
| Love how he went from completely unsure to 2 hands! |
What a fun party day for our baby!
(who was such a trooper and partied through naptime and passed out when the last guest left!)
So cute! I love his cake...and I've never heard of guacamole deviled eggs. Sounds interesting and I might need to try that sometime. Can't believe it's been a year. Great photos, Raney!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Carrie! Pinterest!
ReplyDelete