These sweet cheeks are 18 months old!
On his actual 18 month birthday (10.19) we celebrated with cuddles and kisses, a Thomas balloon, and a bedtime popsicle.
I cannot believe our "baby" is a toddler! At this age:*He is obsessed with blocks (or really anything he can stack and knock down) and trucks, buses and tractors.
*He randomly will say words, but won't repeat things on command. His favorite words right now are truck and dog.
*He signs "more" and "eat". His sign for "all done" is throwing things on the floor.
*He is really into throwing- balls, toys, and yes, food. He has a great arm. Sometimes I'm more impressed than others.
*He prefers his wagon over his stroller.*He could look at pictures/watch videos of himself all day long. When I take a picture of him he runs over, plops down in my lap, and checks himself out with a big grin on his face. So funny!
*He still loves bath time, pushing things around the house, and walking Darcy.
*He got his first haircut!
*He has this pair of (too big) cowboy boots that he loves. He insists on (unsteadily) walking around the house in them. I can't help but laugh (and video it)!
*He LOVES smoothies. He points at the blender or grabs a container of greek yogurt out of the refrigerator when he wants one. I always add a cup of spinach or a handful of carrots, so drink up buddy! ;)
*He clasps his hands when we say bedtime prayers. I melt every time.
*He points to body parts when asked (belly, eyes, nose).
*He loves when his Daddy plays with his "piggies" (toes).
*He is SOOO ticklish.
*He helps clean up and put away his toys. A boy after this mama's heart. ;)
*His favorite books are "My Little Word Book", "You Are My Cupcake", a Curious George flap book, a Cars Christmas book (which is currently MIA!), and a Richard Scarry book.
*He isn't into TV, unless it is Thomas the Train. I know the recommendation is no TV before 2, but I'm okay with a 10 minute Thomas episode every once in awhile. I'll admit that after one sleepless night I attempted his first movie- Cars- hoping for a couple of quiet, still hours. He lasted 15 minutes before he was out of his chair and running around.
*He had a couple of weeks of sleep regression. Not fun! After about a week of waking up and crying in the middle of the night he got a cold. Being sick didn't help. The past couple of nights have been much better so maybe we're out of that phase... just in time for the time change.
*He takes one nap a day. There have been a few 3 hour naps, but I can usually count on 2 hours.
*His stats are staying in the 15-25%. He weighs 22.8 pounds, is 31 1/4 inches tall, and is as cute as ever!*He takes one nap a day. There have been a few 3 hour naps, but I can usually count on 2 hours.









No comments:
Post a Comment