Monday, February 9, 2015

Parker Update

Parker talks ALL.THE.TIME. Loudly. I'm constantly having to remind him to use his inside voice. And when he's really emphasizing something he'll hold up his little pointer finger. He's getting a lot better with his pronouns although I still hear a lot of  "That train's yours and this train's me's (instead of mine)!" He loves to narrate what he's doing or what's going on. Some other things he says:
Yeah!
Op (open)
Actually or maybe at the beginning of every other sentence
cotch-clet (chocolate)
Conskin (Wisconsin- where Keith is working lately)
Pomas (Thomas the train)
It's gonna be fuuun!
I'm gonna be excited!
Come on!
Hey Cheese! (This is what he calls people. I have no idea?!)

Some things that come out of Parker's mouth are brutally honest. Like when he looked at my forehead and exclaimed, "bumpy road!" or when out of the blue he told me, "You look tired!" Ha, awesome!

He's pretty funny too. For Christmas he got a remote control Lightening McQueen car, a pair of bear slippers, and a vacuum cleaner (among other things). I almost died when one day he said, "I want to put on my bear shoes, get my vacuum, and chase Lightening McQueen!"

He doesn't just talk. We're actually having conversations and he's comprehending things and coming up with his own answers. He has his own thoughts and ideas although he, in true toddler fashion, can be super indecisive. He wants pasta; he doesn't want pasta. He wants Eden to look at him; he doesn't want Eden to look at him. And on and on.

He loves to count and say his ABCs. When he sees the letter "P" he always says, "That's me!"

His favorite food is Taziki's Friday Pasta. His favorite toy is anything with wheels. Trains seem to be favored more than cars lately. His favorite book is still a collection of Curious George stories although he really likes the latest Dolly Parton's Imagination Library book Truck Stop.

He's obsessed with tents. And the "wash car" (car wash). Keith took him to the car wash next to Home Depot recently, but it was closed for maintenance. I must have heard 200 times after that that the wash car at the Depot was broken and maybe somebody will fix it one day. Because everything in the future is "one day" and everything in the past was "yesterday."

He gets breakfast, lunch, and dinner mixed up so he often wants dinner for breakfast or breakfast for lunch, etc. And on the subject of food, here's a hilariously gross story. One night well after dinner Keith saw Parker chewing and heard him say, "Mmm, chicken!"

He still LOVES school. He's made friends and is really learning a lot and not just shapes, colors, etc. One day at home he was not being a good listener and got into trouble. He said, "That wasn't a good choice!" I'm guessing they must talk about making good choices at school because I've never used that language specifically. I love it!

Oh, and he has a crush on a girl in his class at school. I found out when I was explaining Valentine's Day to him and made the mistake of asking who he loved. He did not say "Mommy" like I expected. Too cute or too soon?! ;)

We had to switch on the child proof lock on his door recently. I was driving down the road (thankfully in our neighborhood!) when he OPENED HIS DOOR! Scared me to death!

Wade (his giraffe lovey) has morphed into "Wave" or "Waif".

My favorite time of day with Parker is at night after Eden is bed. We play, cuddle, read, and say prayers- just us two. Love my boy so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment