Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekend Recap

We started this weekend meeting friends for dinner. I was so excited to see Ann Claire and Angie and finally get to catch up a little bit. Us girls had a great time at our 2 hour Mexican meal. Oh, yeah, and Keith and Will were there too. :)

Darcy went to the groomer for the first time on Saturday morning. It did not go well. I felt so bad that morning because she was super excited we were up and moving around early. When we dropped her off she did not want to go with Timothy and we had to stay while she warmed up to him a little bit. Not long after Keith and I got home we got a phone call. Darcy was terrified and would not let the groomer get near her with his razor. He ended up chopping off all the hair he could with a pair of scissors. Needless to say she was traumatized.

Here's a pic of her showing off her new 'do Keith and I bought our house last July, but it was on Saturday that we finally got around to painting the last room. Now, the guest room is (mostly) ready for visitors! Come stay with us... Keith makes great waffles!

Our reward to each other for all of our hard work on the house was a dinner date at F Scotts in Green Hills. The food was good, but even better was the jazz band playing in an adjoining room.

Sunday was yet another rainy day. We spent some time on the couch before getting inspired by my new issue of Cooking Light. I know I mention a Cooking Light recipe in every other post, but seriously, I love it. Also, Sunday nights have seemed to turn into cooking nights. Last night we had strawberry/avocado/jalapeno/lime salsa and chicken enchiladas. YUM! The last few times I have chopped a jalapeno I haven't been able to put in my contacts the next day because my eyes would be stinging so bad. Keith sweetly offered to do the chopping this time. Unfortunately, he had a few scraps on his hands from working on the gutters and the jalapeno juice burned his hands the rest of the night. Next time we're using rubber gloves!

It tasted much better than it looks!

The past few weekends have been so nice. Keith and I have been able to spend a lot of quality time together and of course we've gotten a few more things done around the house that have been on our list. We're about to get busy again though. I'm making a trip to Oxford this weekend, Wedding Season 09 Part 2 is kicking off in just a few weeks, and of course Greece!

No comments:

Post a Comment