Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Gramps!

Today is Gramps' birthday!! Below are some of my favorite memories of him accompanied by pictures of course.
Gramps played the piano daily. He never had lessons, but he picked up the hymnal everyday, flipping through and playing a different medley. That piano brings back so many memories of him sitting there singing along as he played. I love having it in our house now!

Every evening Memi would water the flowers in the yard. After she passed away Gramps took over the duty and performed it diligently. Unfortunately, they did not pass along their green thumbs to me. After dinner my grandparents would go to the very back of the yard and sit in the swing together with their coffee. It was their time to reflect on the day and be together. What a sweet ritual! I am so thankful for such a wonderful role model, leader, and grandfather! Happy Birthday Gramps! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment