Wednesday, February 22, 2012

31 Weeks

While Week 30 had a fantastic beginning (remember the roses, chocolate and Girl Scout cookies), there was one less than fantastic moment towards the end of the week. On Saturday morning Keith, Darcy and I set out on a walk. We hadn't gone far when all of a sudden I felt the sharpest shooting pain in the side of my low back. It was all I could do to get home. Keith brought me some water and a heating pad and I settled in on the couch with my "What to Expect" book. Apparently, while moving around, Parker hit my sciatic nerve. Ouch! Thankfully, he moved and the pain went away after about 15 minutes or so.

Here's some other random, more light-hearted pregnancy info:
* I had a true pregnant woman breakfast the other day- a bowl of Whole Foods organic "Frosted Flakes", strawberries and a snack size bag of carrots. Weird.
* Shortness of breath has officially set in and I particularly notice it when I walk Darcy or take the stairs. I don't think it helps that I have a short torso to begin with.
* Pregnancy brain is a real thing. I've been reading about how my brain cells decrease during pregnancy and over the past 7 months or so I have certainly experienced the effects of this with lapses in memory and increased forgetfulness. Apparently, these lost brain cells will return post-delivery. Here's hoping! ;)
* I'm a little less of a cry baby than I was previously. I still tear up on occassion, but I think I can make it through a furniture shopping trip without a melt down (which couldn't be said a month ago when I cried over choosing between two consoles for our living room).
* Bending over is a major ordeal lately. It's difficult to pick up anything off the floor and I can forget about adequately tucking my jeans into my boots!
* Parker's kicks have gotten mighty! If these latest kicks are any indication, he's going to be a strong little guy!

At Week 31 Parker is either the size of a pineapple or weighs as much as four navel oranges (I've seen both comparisons). Between my last appointment 2 weeks ago and my appointment today I've gained 3 pounds (of course, I did have Goldfish, Godiva and homemade pizza right before I left for my appointment). My doctor is very aware of my Type A personality and commented that I'm even being Type A with my weight gain as it is exactly where it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment