* His favorite foods are carbs (pasta, mac-n-cheese, bread, etc.), fruit, popsicles, black beans, garbanzo beans, guacamole, and tortilla chips (on a limited basis). He also loves condiments like ketchup and syrup and can eat them with or without food.
* He loves being outside. It is so sad to watch him go to the door or windows and whine, but most days it has just been too cold or raining. Come on, Spring!
* He told me "no" for the first time. I asked him if he wanted me to brush his hair and he clearly said "no." And so it starts...
* He says "Wow" and "Whoa" and it has to be the cutest thing ever.
* He'll make a sad face (pokes bottom lip out) on command (sometimes).
* When he's being sweet he wants to share his lovey. So gross, but it's the thought that counts. ;)
* He loves reading books. Anything Curious George, anything with cars or trains, Goodnight Moon and Nobunny's Perfect (random until you realize that on almost every page a bunny is playing with a truck) are favorites. We read them over and over again. While we read we get him to point out different objects for us. He's really good at finding everything!
* He's really into cars and trains. He plays with his train track, makes ramps, sends matchbox cars and trucks sailing off of tables or chairs and pushes them under the couch or into the crevice between the bottom of our pocket door and floor constantly.
| Checking out the train at Centennial Park with Mimi |
* He loves Ring Around the Rosie and The Hokey Pokey.
* He loves giving and getting kisses. At bedtime we'll kiss him goodnight and he'll keep coming back for more. Sometimes when we ask for a kiss he'll just offer his cheek instead. He blows kisses, he makes kissing sounds, and he kisses his stuffed animals. It's so sweet.
* More molars are coming in... slowly but surely as usual.
* We've finally settled into a predictable sleep routine again after the holidays and vacation. He takes 1 nap a day (generally late morning for about 1.5-2 hours) and at night he sleeps from about 7:15-5:45.
* He could spend his entire bath time pouring water from a little plastic cup onto his belly.
* He loves walking (or more accurately, stumbling) around in our shoes.
* He gets SO excited when we get home from work or we go to the nursery to pick him up after church or pick him up after date night. As in, he runs around and squeals. I kinda love it.
AND...
He's going to be a big brother in July!!! (July 27 is my due date.)
Today I'm 13 weeks.
About Week 2 I had a suspicion I was pregnant after I'd consistently been nauseous for several days in a row. (Yes, it was seriously that early!) I got confirmation on November 19 and then I kept it to myself for almost 2 whole days. It was a huge struggle for me to keep such a big secret from Keith, but I really wanted to tell him on his birthday. I didn't quite make it until the 22nd, but the night of the 21st was close enough!
Weeks 4-10 were rough. I couldn't eat (I lost 5 pounds and I had to get meds) and I was exhausted, but by Christmas I was feeling much better. Lately I can't get enough of donuts, root beer, and chocolate-y desserts. And I'm pretty sure I've made up for that lost weight as some of my clothes (jeans specifically) are getting a little tight.
Keith and I got to see Baby Cronin #2 for the first time on December 27. Babe was moving around and even waved to us! It is no less of a miracle to see our sweet child the second time around as it was the first.
Technology has advanced since I was pregnant with Parker and my doctor told us about a new test- Progenity- a genetic carrier screening test with an extremely high accuracy rate. It is completely non-invasive and all that is required is to have blood drawn. There's the added bonus that the gender can be determined as well. We opted to get the test. The results came back that Baby is LOW RISK for the tested genetic disorders. No word yet on gender (since the nurse didn't check the right box).
We are so excited about our growing family and can't wait to see what an awesome big brother P will be!
For comparison's sake here's my 13 week post from way back in 2011 when I was pregnant with Parker.

No comments:
Post a Comment