Friday, April 4, 2014

23 weeks/ 23 months

I'm 23 weeks and Parker is 23 months!
Baby Girl Update:
*She is always on the move! I was a little nervous a few weeks ago because I hadn't felt anything since some fluttering at the beginning of February. At my 20 week appointment she checked out perfectly and I learned that I have an anterior placenta, which acts as a pillow so her movement was just muffled. Apparently she's big enough and active enough now that the pillow doesn't make a bit of difference. I had my arm resting on my belly the other day and she gave me a good shove as if it was bothering her. Keith can feel her too.
*I need to stop eating so much. I was really sick in the beginning this time around and lost 5 pounds. Since then I've gained 17. Technically, I'm only 12 pounds over my normal pre-pregnancy weight, which is right about where I was at this time with Parker, but at the rate I'm going it's going to be bad in the not so distant future. If only pie wasn't Parker's new favorite and I could curb my sweet tooth.
*We don't have a name. We have a short list, but we just can't commit. We've run our names by Parker and his response to every one is "no."

Parker Update:
*He is becoming quite the talker adding new words to his vocabulary every day. He can say well over 50 words, which I think is about the number his pediatrician will expect by 2 years old. He's also becoming more conversational and interactive with his talking and has said a few 2 word "sentences" (for example, "need help"). The other day I was reading Jingle Wheels (a Cars Christmas book that he loves) and kinda trailed off before finishing the entire sentence. He chimed in with the final word. He understands so much too. It's amazing to me that for a while now we've been having to spell words we don't want him to overhear.
*He is so passionate. Whatever emotion he is feeling it is intense.
*He is a little Energizer Bunny, always on the go. Funny enough, "go" is his one of his favorite words. He runs, jumps, kicks, throws, climbs, and even gallops.
*"No" is also a favorite word. He's very into asserting his independence these days and can show a little (or a lot of) defiance. I'm still trying to find the right kind of discipline as nothing seems to phase him.
*We're working on colors, but he's not consistently getting them right. We also count a lot. I'm not sure it's sticking though other than him knowing that he's (almost) "two!"
*I love watching him interact with other children. He especially likes trying to hang with older kids.
*He makes us laugh so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment