Friday, December 16, 2016

Eden at 2

Things she says and does:

Pointing to a completely random house when driving down the road: I want to go to that house!!!
Me: But we don't know who lives there.
Eden: Baby Jesus!

Really good with names. (She doesn't get that from me.)

Singing a bunch of gibberish off key: Like my song, Mommy?

Loves 'mastics (gymnastics) and is obsessed with her leotards.

"This!"

When you ask her a question she always says "I don't know" before answering.

Coughing after taking a drink of water.
Me: Are you ok, Eden? 
Eden: I'm o-tay, Mommy! Are you o-tay?

And yes, it is o-tay, not okay. Although really it's more like OOO-TAAAAYYYY!

"What happened??" She asks this constantly about everything. And "Why?"

Referring to Gaston while watching Beauty and the Beast: Where'd Jesus go?

Favorite color is purple.

Actually, everything she likes is her "favorite."

I need chocolate milk to keep me warm!

Every time she gets dressed: Show Daddy! Show Bubba!

Uses "T" for "C" so it is "tumfy" for "comfy", "tuming" for "coming", etc.

Ready to gooooo!

"Shoot!" I guess I say this a lot.

To Parker: Here buddy!

Every time I stop at a red light or in traffic: Go! Move!

About every video of her on my phone: See Edie!

Repeats "shhhh" back to me every night when I put her to bed.

Puts on about 10 different pairs of socks and shoes every day.

Loves getting dressed every morning. When she picks out her own outfit it is usually a leotard (see above), an old hand me down Titans t-shirt of Parker's, her "city" shirt (a shirt of the Nashville skyline with the words city girl), a pair of bright pink Nike gym shorts, or her "puppy pants" (a pair of leggings with colored puppies all over them. If I pick anything else out for her to wear I get a "That's not pretty!" in response.

Darcy = Sarcy

Parker = Part-her

People always tell me how sweet she is.

When someone asks her a question, even simple things like her name, she always responds with just the biggest grin.

Totally has a preference on which color cup her milk is in. Parker was never this way.

Three 2 year molars at once... YIKES! Glad that's over!

Says "heavy" when I pick her up.

Wants to sit in her high chair less and less. Prefers either Parker's booster seat or Mommy's lap.

"Hides" after books before bedtime by laying down flat on her belly behind the book basket. In full view.

"Help. Help. Help." Always wants to help. And she repeats everything she says 500 times.

Loves brushing my hair.

Soooooo many hugs and kisses.

Into coloring and painting.

It's not "no" it's "um no."

One day I couldn't decipher what she was saying but it completely sounded like: I need Jesus!

When a package arrives: That for me??

I'm good helper!

I do great job!

Sings "Q-R-S" at the top of her lungs. Her favorite letters of the alphabet.

Me: What's your name?
Eden: TWO!!!

Every time pull up to a drive through she asks for a chocolate milk. We may go to Chick-Fil-A too much.

So much squealing!

When I fix her a snack she insists "whole bag!"

Cutest ever when she says "awesome!" or "that's awesome!"

Loves Parker's friends- even when they have younger siblings. ;)

Where's his mommy?? She wants to know that about everyone, including animals.

Big fan of butter.

I went into her room to get her one morning and she says: I was waiting for you. 

About books: Please read it to you.

I reached over to have a bite of her snack: No, no, no! You're full!

On our way to and from Atlanta we heard "Chattanooooooga!!!" from the backseat a ton. She thought it was the best word!

It's gonna be fuuuun! 

I want that for my birthday! (Christmas)

Dee and her blanket are her constants, but she's always surrounded by a million stuffed animals. She's even stolen a few of Darcy's toys. She's particularly fond of a little donkey we brought home from Greece for Darc.  

Talks through every movie.

What are YOUUUU doing?

As we drive around at night and she spots Christmas lights: Look!!! Look!!! 

Every time we go somewhere: Will my friends be there?

Eden: Bye! I'm leaving! 
Me: Where are you going? 
Eden: Church! Work! Gymnastics!

Reading "Biscuit and the Bunny."
Me: What do you think he found?
Eden: A turtle!

Me: What was your favorite part of the day?
Eden: Bubba!

When they weren't listening...
Me: Guys!! Am I talking?!
Eden: No.

Where you are?

Me: What are you doing?
Eden: I'm just hanging out!

Ewww-y gross!

Eden to me from the backseat: You're driving crazy!
I wasn't. I'm attributing this to me telling her she drives crazy in the Publix shopping cart.

She LOVES dance parties. "See my moves!"

No comments:

Post a Comment