Monday, June 22, 2009

Celebrity Sightings and Other Happenings

We've been busy since wedding season has ended...

I have been dying for a china cabinet and Keith has been faithfully scouring craigslist. Finally we found some realistic options. We emailed one listing in Franklin and one in Bellevue. The people in Franklin responded to our inquiry fastest so we went to check it out. Not only did we love it, but it's famous! The previous owners were Tim and Mary Jane Rushlow. Tim was the lead singer of the band Little Texas (of What Might Have Been fame). Of course, I didn't know that when we were at their house or I would have gotten him to sign the cabinet when he mentioned that he used it to store awards. On the same note, Keith and I spotted Scott Hamilton at church on Sunday. Memi and I used to watch figure skating all the time and Scott Hamilton was my favorite. I did some googling and found out that he just wrote a book. I'm adding it to my "to read" list.

My 26th birthday was last Monday. On Sunday Keith's family came over with cake and gifts. Keith surprised me and didn't book his travel for the week until Tuesday, so on my actual birthday we went to dinner at Red Pony. Delicious! Last weekend was full of a lot of manual labor. I have 3 blisters on my right hand to prove it, and Keith has a ruined tshirt. We spent Saturday and Sunday doing yard work. Our flower beds had not been weeded since we bought the house last summer. They were jungle-like! After pulling weeds, putting down fabric, and spreading mulch they are finally presentable. In addition to the work at our house we went down the street and helped Keith's parents with their move.

We took the night off Saturday and went to the Schermerhorn Symphony Center to see Brahms' Second. I felt so grown up and intellectual, and it was fun to be on a date! Birmingham friends are coming in town this weekend and we're planning to have a small cookout... we just need to get through the work week.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Raney-
    I found your blog. I love your new china cabinet and how cool that it is famous!

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete