Thursday, April 5, 2012

37 Weeks

This is Parker at "full term."
I had an appointment on Tuesday and this time there was progress! I'm now between 1-2 cm dilated and 80% effaced. I'm measuring a little small (34 cm this week). One explanation is that he is getting lower, which would affect my measurements. (Keith even commented that he thinks Parker is a little lower. I didn't think that was possible!) Just in case, we have an ultrasound scheduled tomorrow to take a look at things, but my doctor thinks Parker is fine. We're excited to get to see our baby boy again one more time before his big debut! I know I say this every week, but I cannot believe it is so close to his arrival! I feel like most people at this point are saying "Hurry Up!" whereas I'm saying "I need just a few more days!" Of course, we're more than thrilled for him to come whenever he wants, but it just doesn't seem like the "to do" list is getting any shorter! One thing that has helped though is that my jury trial got reset for August. That was a huge relief as now I have more time to get other things wrapped up at the office (and around the house too)... and I don't have to worry about going into labor in front of 12 jurors in Lebanon!

Also this week, our first baby (Darcy) got her first ear infection. One trip to the vet and $80 in meds and she is on the mend! She has her first teeth cleaning scheduled for tomorrow too. What a traumatic week for her and little does she know more changes are on the way in the VERY near future! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment