Keith and I had been talking about getting a dog for awhile (or more accurately I had been whining and begging for awhile). Aimee is a devoted follower of http://www.petfinder.com/ and she found several candidates over the course of a few months that I would email to Keith. One night Aimee showed me a picture of "Angel" on petfinder. I immediately cracked up at her crazy ears and expression. Angel was being fostered by Proverbs 12:10 after being abandoned in a crate at a car wash. Proverbs 12:10 is a rescue organization that holds adoptions at the Bellevue Petco every Saturday. That Saturday Keith, Aimee and I went to Petco to see Angel. It was love at first sight. We immediately took her home- and changed her name.
Life with Darcy is never boring! She is super energetic, active, and cuddly! She loves to play with Jack and Oscar, go to the park, run, swim (that took a little coaxing), catch frisbees, and fetch. She's a big dog in a little dog's body!
We've had so much fun with Darcy since March. It hasn't been without it's incidents though. On my birthday Keith, Aimee, Jack, Darcy and I were on our way to canoe the Harpeth. It was a beautiful day and the windows were rolled down. Darcy, for the first time ever, stuck her head out the window. It was so cute to see her ears flapping in the breeze. The next minute, however, she had JUMPED OUT THE WINDOW and was in the road making the most awful sounds I've ever heard! We all panicked, but Aimee thought quickly and called the emergency vet. We were on our way when the vet asked us if Darcy could walk. We pulled over and sure enough, less than 5 minutes after she jumped out of the moving car's window, she was running around. Needless to say, we did not have to cancel our canoe trip that day and what could have been a tragic 25th birthday for me turned out pretty well.
Life went on uneventfully as Keith and I settled into a routine upon our return from paradise. Until Christmas that is. The presents underneath the tree turned out to be too big of a temptation for our sweet little dog who never chewed on anything but her toys. I came home to this mess one day. She unwrapped a gift, which turned out to be pancake mix, and spread it around the living room floor. She was in BIG trouble. The rest of the time the tree was up and no one was home, Darcy was put in the kitchen.
Keith and me with our sweet Darcy on Thanksgiving
This is the best we could do. Trust me, there were multiple attempts.
This is the best we could do. Trust me, there were multiple attempts.
So cute! Darcy seems like a sweet mess! Great story! I love when people are able to rescue animals. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteDarcy was a bad bad girl getting into that pancake mix. Dogs are sooo silly!
ReplyDeleteI love the pic of the three of you with her tongue out. Too cute!