Monday, January 19, 2009

These are the days of our lives...

In December Keith, Aimee and I went to the Leiper's Fork Christmas Parade. I love Leiper's Fork! The community is so small and full of character and the land is beautiful. I love Christmas parades too! They take me back to my childhood when the Kiwanis Club sponsored "Pancake Day" before the local parade. It was always so fun to wake up early, eat a lot of pancakes and bundle up to watch the parade.
We got to Leiper's Fork early to walk around the main street and browse the shops. All of the stores had cider and treats set out for the occasion. So cute and Christmasy! The Grand Marshall of the parade was none other than Naomi Judd!

While we were waiting for the parade to start we did some people watching. Another thing I love about Leiper's Fork is how people from all walks of life mingle and interact without judgment. There are those dressed in Uggs and Burberry and those in their work boots and overalls all enjoying the activities of their great little community together. And then there was someone who caught my attention. A blonde lady standing a few feet away from us looked just like "Jennifer" from Days of Our Lives. I watched Days with my grandmother for years, so although the show is completely cheesy and horrible, it holds a special place in my heart. (Fun Fact: My Uncle Greg can make a perfect "John" face!)

Now, to why this Christmas Parade is relevant now. I picked up a copy of VIP Williamson County this weekend. On the cover was a blonde at the Leiper's Fork Christmas Parade- the same blonde I saw. Obviously, she had to be famous. The inside cover of the magazine listed her as "Melissa Reeves." A little googling later I discovered that Melissa is in fact Jennifer! In 2006, Melissa quit Days to move to Tennessee with her family. So, there you have it. Yet another celebrity living quietly in Middle Tennessee. Now, if I can just run into Nicole Kidman...

No comments:

Post a Comment