Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cooking Light

If you know me at all, then you know I am obsessed with food. I've recently started attempting to cook thanks to the Cooking Light subscription Keith got me for Christmas. It's been successful so far! On Thursday I made my first recipe: Mahimahi with edamame succotash. Not to brag, but it was amazing! I highly recommend it!

Seared Mahimahi with Edamame Succotash

Mandarin Orange and Almond Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing

Bread with Olive Oil

Friday night Keith made reservations at Sol. I was so excited! Sol is in downtown Franklin. The same guy that owns Red Pony (our wedding reception location) owns Sol. They are right across the street from each other. Keith and I actually had some of our wedding pictures taken at Sol. On Friday we sat at the same green couch as in our pictures. Not only does Sol have sentimental value, but it is Mexican- instant points with me! I looooove Mexican food. Seriously, I could eat it everyday. We started with guacamole that was made tableside. It was great, but Keith and I agreed that we liked the guacamole we had at Frontera Grill (in Chicago) better. I had seafood enchiladas and Keith had vegetarian enchiladas. Yummm!!

September 13, 2008

January 9, 2009 (after work and looking a little rough)

Saturday was the Titans playoff game. Unfortunately, the game did not go well for Titans fans, but I tried some more Cooking Light recipes that turned out better than the game. We had black bean hummus to snack on during the game and beef tenderloin and/or chicken fajitas for dinner.

This week is cooooold so I've been focusing on some summer vacations Keith and I are planning (details coming soon). Here's a picture of us in Hawaii last September. I so wish I was there now! (In the January Cooking Light issue there is even an article on Hawaii. Definitely my new favorite magazine!)

Keith and me at Pacific'O in Maui- my favorite!

I wish I was still in Maui- for the food and weather!

3 comments:

  1. YAY for Cooking Light! Thanks for getting me hooked! :)

    Love the green couch! I love the pics too!

    LOVE LOVE LOVE Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food looks AMAZING! I love your pictures. I could eat mexican everyday too(even Taco Bell!-ha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're so adorable! hope we can see each other really soon!

    ReplyDelete